2018 Coach Interview Schedule
|WDMGS Coaches Interview Schedule
Iowa Realty (Valey West Location) 1516 Valley W Dr, West Des Moines, IA 50266
Please arrive 15 minutes early.
|8U - 10U – Wednesday, June 13, 6pm|
|email@example.com||Mary||Simmons||5154735352||8U, 10U, 12U, 14U||6:36|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Morgan||Theisen||515-729-4203||8U, 10U, 12U, 14U||6:48|
|12U - 14U – Thursday, June 14, 6pm|
|Simmons, Thiesen, Rose - video||7:00|
|McArtor - video||8:12|
How Does Coach & Player Selection Work?
Coach Selection & Tournament Team Selection Process
- Coaches apply, are interviewed and ranked by the board, in order of preference – the votes are sealed and kept secret at each age level.
- Players attend tryout and are evaluated and scored by objective, independent evaluators across various criteria.
- Rec and Tournament Coaches evaluate their players across multiple criteria, to be utilized along with tryout scores for overall ranking.
- WDMGS board ranking committee assembles to review tryout evaluations and coaches' player evaluations to rank all players from 1 to 50 (or however many participants there may be at an age group).
- There are 2 key factors in the ranking process: 1) the top 6 girls, and 2) the top 15 girls. The top 6 girls are required to be offered a spot to play on the first team that is formed by the coach. The remaining girls from the top 15 may be offered spots at the discretion of the coach, to complete a roster (likely of somewhere between 10-12 girls).
- The coaching vote is then counted and the coach of the first team is named, based on the highest ranked coach from the board vote, who has a daughter ranked in the top 15 players.
- Any players from the 15 that are not selected for the first team become available for the next team to be formed and the process repeats itself.
We hope to have all teams created and each girl called by mid-July.
Step 1 - Apply Below
All parents (especially any who have played or coached softball or baseball competitively) are strongly encouraged to volunteer as coaches for WDMGS sponsored “tournament teams”. Coach interviews are scheduled to be held, beginning at 7pm on June 13th & 14th, 2018 (location TBD). Anyone interested in interviewing to be a coach, should complete the application form available here, as soon as possible - or use the embedded form, below. Application will be open until Friday, June 1.
Step 2 - Complete our Background Check
Step 3 - Check Your Email for Confirmation
Some browsers, especially on mobile devices, may not submit the form correctly. We recommend using the Google Chrome browser. You should receive a confirmation email like the one shown here, from Google Forms. You can also edit the form, after submitting. Thank you!
Fee Collection Dates:
10U-14U Fees ($700)
Tryout Deposit - $50
August 31, 2019 - $430 ($350 for dues and $80 for jerseys)
February 15, 2020 - $300
8U Fees ($500)
Tryout Deposit - $50
August 31, 2019 - $330 ($250 for dues and $80 for jerseys)
February 15, 2020 - $200
The Tiger Cage
West Des Moines Girls Softball's premium indoor facility available to all our tournament team players.
Register your team
Need to borrow a player? Here are some important rules
http://www.iowausssafastpitch.com/ - Under the 'Rules Info' Menu Item
Certificate of Insurance
Tigers Team Logo
Tournament Fees & Gate Fees
Some USSSA tournaments now have 2 fees that are collected, the Registration Fee to play in the tournament (typically $260-275) and a prepaid gate fee of $150 ($125 for one-day events). This pre-paid gate fee will be indicated on the tournament "Event" page. For tournaments of this type, there are no admission fees for family or fans. WDMGS will deduct both fees from the team budget and payment can be made directly by WDMGS to the Tournament Director or reimbursed to any coach who has paid in advance.
Other tournaments may or may not include the "gate fee" with the Registration Fee, and simply require a single payment. Again, this detail may be seen on the "Event" page for each tournament.
CIS/USSSA Gate Fees can be paid here:
We have pre-formatted a Google Form that you can provide to your players and families, to get an idea of their player and the family's expectations. Upon clicking the link you will be prompted to Copy this document (you will need a Google Account to save this file, create one here).
Parent Support (Assistant Coach) Questionnaire
We have pre-formatted a Google Form that you can provide to parents, for coordinating assistant coaches, pre-game help, practice coaches and organizing your team support staff. Upon clicking the link you will be prompted to Copy this document(you will need a Google Account to save this file, create one here).
Each team/coach will be responsible for submitting uniform orders for the Fall season prior to the end of July – specific date will be provided via email by our WDMGS uniform coordinators. Coaches will need to collect payment, upon their arrival.
Book Practice Time
See the link below to create a quick login (you can use your Facebook profile to login, which is easiest).
Schedules & Documents
Fall Wrap-up Meeting (Late October / Early November)
Share thoughts, ideas, frustrations and successes with our board and other WDMGS coaches.