Teams are currently being formed, jerseys are being ordered and all registrants will soon receive an email letting you know what team your child is on. This email will come through Team Snap.
Check back for tourney team tryout registration in May. Spring 2021 rec league registration will open Dec. 1, 2020.
WDMGS Coronavirus / COVID19 updates
3/17/2020: In response to the most current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and in partnership with West Des Moines Parks and Recreation, we are currently suspending all practices and games at Holiday Park, field cleanup night, opening day parade and ceremonies, games and tournaments through May 10, 2020.
We realize this message conflicts with the current timeline for WDM school plans to resume classes on April 13, 2020 so we will continue to monitor the situation and share updates as appropriate. Senior league parents (7-10th grades) - a separate email with additional information will be coming directly to Senior league families soon.
We appreciate your flexibility during this unprecedented time. Also, we encourage you to get outside and work on basic throwing, fielding and hitting skills. For ideas, follow us on Facebook and use this time to help improve both the physical and mental well-being for our girls!
3/16/2020: As previously communicated, for now NO PRACTICES may be held for rec or tourney teams through the end of Spring Break (Sun. 3/22). Given the evolving situation we are working through additional plans, responses to frequently asked questions and will share more guidance/plans once we have a few more details confirmed. Expect more information this week.For now, there are plenty of drills you can do with your kids during this pause... we'll share some ideas as the week goes on.
3/13/2020: Given the concerns around the novel (new) coronavirus, we wanted to reach out with some updates:
- We will provide updates on the status of league events, practices and games and follow guidance from WDM schools and the City of WDM. (This means, if school is cancelled, no practices/games will be held)
- We are monitoring updates and will be following guidance from the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control related to our approach in minimizing the spreading of germs.
- For softball specific precautions we will share and follow guidance from United States Specialty Sports Associate (USSSA), USA Softball and Central Iowa Sports. (e.g., USSSA’s no-contact/no-handshaking policy, event status, and equipment handling)
No practices may be held at Holiday Park until our park clean-up night has taken place. At this point, our plans are still on for the following league-wide events:
- Park cleanup night – Tue, 3/24
- Opening day parade and ceremonies – Sat, 4/25
As we continue to monitor, please look for updates in your email, TeamSnap (events) and on Facebook. If you have specific concerns or questions, please talk to your coach and/or email email@example.com.
Read more about West Des Moines Girls Softball!
WEST DES MOINES GIRLS SOFTBALL MISSION STATEMENT
West Des Moines Girls Softball (WDMGS) is a volunteer, tax exempt, charitable organization established for the purpose of providing young women of all abilities with fundamental learning experiences in the game of softball. In all WDMGS activities, good sportsmanship, teamwork and the physical development, safety and emotional welfare of the young women shall remain paramount.