How Does Coach & Player Selection Work?
Coach Selection & Tournament Team Selection Process
- Coaches apply, are interviewed and ranked by the board, in order of preference – the votes are sealed and kept secret at each age level.
- Players attend tryout and are evaluated and scored by objective, independent evaluators across various criteria.
- Rec and Tournament Coaches evaluate their players across multiple criteria, to be utilized along with tryout scores for overall ranking.
- WDMGS board ranking committee assembles to review tryout evaluations and coaches' player evaluations to rank all players from 1 to 50 (or however many participants there may be at an age group).
- There are 2 key factors in the ranking process: 1) the top 6 girls, and 2) the top 15 girls. The top 6 girls are required to be offered a spot to play on the first team that is formed by the coach. The remaining girls from the top 15 may be offered spots at the discretion of the coach, to complete a roster (likely of somewhere between 10-12 girls).
- The coaching vote is then counted and the coach of the first team is named, based on the highest ranked coach from the board vote, who has a daughter ranked in the top 15 players.
- Any players from the 15 that are not selected for the first team become available for the next team to be formed and the process repeats itself.
We hope to have all teams created and each girl called by mid-July.